About The Mill Volvo Tyne Theatre
The venue is now operated by SMG, and is sponsored by Mill Volvo. SMG also operate and own the Metro Radio Arena and manage the PLAYHOUSE Whitley Bay. SMG prides itself on employing local staff within its venues who know the area and its people, and using local suppliers and services to help support the local economy.
Located in the centre of Newcastle the Mill Volvo Tyne Theatre is easily accessible by the city's varied public transport systems. There is a choice of off-street parking nearby and a wealth of restaurants, shops, hotels and local amenities.
SMG Europe have negotiated a 15 year lease agreement for the Grade 1 listed Tyne Theatre Auditorium and Bistro Bar. A new Naming Sponsor has also been secured for the theatre, which has been renamed the Mill Volvo Tyne Theatre. This marks a new era for the region's best loved entertainment venue, and the oldest working Victorian Theatre in the World.
- 10 varied sized dressing rooms (all en-suite) on different floors (backstage private facilities)
- Private backstage hospitality / crew room
- 2 Production offices
- Stage opening 28ft w x 40ft d (and wings)
- Full Victorian stage workings including trap doors
- Video production and screen available
- Variety of theatre lighting
- Fly system over stage
- Show fold-back system and coms
- Excellent marketing department
- Renowned operations facilities
- Premier Box Office department
- Box Office links to Eventim
- Higher potential Box Office Gross compared to other Newcastle Theatres
- No set-up vehicles parking costs
- Corporate hospitality bars / rooms
- Private boxes one with exclusive hospitality area and facilities
Please contact us on 0191 243 1171 for all show and conference booking enquiries.